Can★Do – Mason Drinking Jar with lid
Enjoy a refreshing iced cold lemonade or ice coffee in the hot humid summer with the mason drinking jar with lid from Can★Do.
This glass mason drinking jar holds 490ml (roughly 0.86 UK pints) and comes with a metal screw lid. The lid has a straw hole that is protected with a silicon grommet to prevent minor leakages (straw not included). The drinking jar has a sturdy handle making it easy to hold.
The embossed text on the front and back of the jar says:
“QUALITY – Refreshing Ice Cold Drink – GLASSWARE – Est 1841”.
– Do not store near heat or open flame.
– Do not use over open flame, microwave oven, oven, dishwasher or dish dryer.
– Do not use scourer or abrasive cleaners as they may cause scratches on the surface.
– The drinking jar is not leak-proof. Do not tilt the jar as the liquid may leak.
– Do not use the product if it is damaged or deformed.
– Do not pour hot water, or pour cold liquids when the glass is hot. Sudden temperature change could lead to breakage of glass.
– Keep away from direct sunlight and moisture.
– Keep out of reach of infants and children.
– Do not use bleach or sterilize with boiling water.
– Keep fingers away from the hole in the lid to avoid injuries.
Product name: Drink Jar (ドリンクジャー【穴あき】 – dorinku jya- ana aki）
Sold in 100 yen shop Can★Do
Product code: 4521006224864
Size: 114.3 (W) x 76.2 (D) x 135 (H) mm
Temperature resistance: from -10℃ (14℉) to 230℃ (446℉) for silicon part
Materials: Soda lime glass (body), Tin, Silicone (cap/grommet)
Hole diameter: 8mm
Made in China
Price: 100 yen + tax
I have been using the drinking jars since the summer of last year for my cold drinks, and nothing beats drinking from a chilled glass. The jars were sold everywhere over the summer last year, which is probably why this year they are stocked in Can★Do just before the hot and humid summer (which is supposed to be very long this year). Most drinking jars I saw in stores are fairly expensive, so I was surprised to see this for just 100 yen.
The glass jar and handle is thick and solid, very pleasant to hold and carry around.
I like the silicon grommet that protects the straw hole, preventing leakages. However, the lid itself does not have any lining on the base to create a leak-proof seal between the lid and the rim of the jar.
The tin lid was scratched a bit when I got it, probably scratched when it was on the shelf over at Can★Do.
I like the size and weight of the jar when I hold it, probably make good use of it over the next couple of months.
Here are some other mason drinking jars I found. The glass jar is very similar to the one from Can★Do, but the price is 900 yen + tax.