Daiso Japan – Insect Repelling Ring Silicon Type 1PC
This simple insect repelling ring from Daiso is a silicone band that contains Eucalyptus oil, Lemon oil, and Citronella oil to repel insects.
The band has been tested and works on midges and leafhoppers.
You can wear the band outdoors to sports events, concerts, camping etc.
Effective for about 1 month (6hrs usage a day). Store the Insect Repelling Ring in its resealable pouch when not in use to extend its effectiveness.
– Store the Insect Repelling Ring in its resealable pouch when after use.
– Keep away from direct sunlight or high temperatures.
– Windy conditions may decrease repellent effectiveness.
– Do not use on pets.
– The Insect Repelling Ring is not food. Do not put in mouth.
– If children are using the Insect Repelling Ring, always use under adult supervision.
– Do not pull the Insect Repelling Ring with force.
– Keep away from fire or other heat sources.
– If the smell of the oil remains on your skin, wash with soap and rinse it off with water.
– Do not use the product for any purpose other than as originally intended.
– Follow local disposal guidelines for disposal.
Product name: Insect Repelling Ring Silicon Type 1PC （虫よけリングシリコン – mushi yoke ringu shirikon）
Sold in 100 yen shop Daiso Japan
Product code: 4940921829976
Materials: Silicone, Plant essence (Eucalyptus oil, Lemon oil, and Citronella oil)
Size: Diameter 6cm
Available colors: baby pink, black, blue, mint, pink, yellow, white
Made in China
Price: 100 yen + tax
The bands seem simple enough and the smell may be effective against bugs. The real test will be the next couple of months.
Similar branded products that last roughly the same amount of time are several times more expensive, so for just 100 yen, it is very cheap. I do like the mint turquoise color.