Daiso Japan – Disney Mickey Mouse Rice Paddle
Here is a cute item for the kitchen if you cook rice often. The Disney Mickey Mouse Rice Paddle or Shamoji is shaped in Mickey’s glove. The white glove is dimpled on both sides to make it easier to stir or serve rice without the rice sticking to the paddle. The handle is printed with Mickey’s name and designed with the familiar red shorts. For detail, the white glove has four fingers, and the back of the glove also has the 3 lines near the wrist.
The product is licensed by Disney as it bears the seal on the back of the packaging.
– Do not use in dish washers or dish dryers.
– Wash with dish washing detergent after use.
– Do not clean with scouring pad or abrasive powder.
– Do not leave the rice paddle soaked in dish washing detergent or water.
– Wash with water before use.
– Keep away from fire or other heat sources.
– Do not use if there are any damage or deformation to the rice paddle.
– The rice paddle may stain or retain odors from food.
– Wash with dish washing detergent and water before first use.
– Do not use the product for any purpose other than as originally intended.
– Follow local disposal guidelines for disposal.
Product name: Rice paddle（しゃもじ – shamoji）
Sold in 100 yen shop Daiso Japan
Product code: 4979909896549
Material: Polypropylene, ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene)
Size: 195 x 65 mm
Head resistant temperature: 80℃ (176℉)
Made in Vietnam.
Price: 100 yen + tax
At home, we use a similar dimpled Mickey glove rice paddle bought from one of the souvenir shops in Tokyo Disneyland. I think it cost 500 yen, and the base to hold the rice paddle (Mickey’s yellow shoe) cost 450 yen.
Like any dimpled rice paddle, the rice does not stick to the paddle, however the glove design does make it a novelty to have in the kitchen.
The rice paddle from Daiso is solid and easy to grip. The base of the handle is thicker making it easier to hold. For 100 yen, this is a bargain, and it also adds some Disney magical fun when you use it to serve rice. The kids will definitely love it!