Daiso Japan – Mosaic Decoration Tape
Decorate your cards, gifts, notes, scrapbooks, labels with this cool and retro looking Mosaic Decoration Tape from Daiso Japan. The mosaic decoration tape is very similar to a correction tape pen, the difference is instead of boring white, you get tape with lovely patterns.
The Pattern of the Week (PotW) is Mosaic. Some might say that the mosaic pattern is boring, but the fun is from your imagination.
The tape width is 8mm, and the tape length is 4m.
How to use
1. Remove the cap that covers the tip of the dispenser. Press the tip of the decoration tape over the surface and pull over the area to be decorated. (Keep the tip flat with the surface).
2. When the area is covered with the decoration tape, stop pulling the decoration tape dispenser, press down slightly on the tip and pull up diagonally for a clean finish.
– Keep away from heat, moisture, and direct sunlight.
– The decoration tape may scrape off from applied surface if written over with a sharp pointed writing instrument.
– Applying too much force on the tip may damage the decoration tap dispenser.
– To protect the tape ofter use, cover the tip with the cap.
– Depending on the type of paper, the tape may not stick well to the surface.
– Please use on a flat surface.
– Keep out of reach of children.
– Do not cut the tape with a knife.
– If damaged, follow local disposal guidelines for disposal.
– Keep away from flames.
– Do not use the product for any purpose other than as originally intended.
Product name: Decoration Tape Mosaic （デコレーションテープ モザイク – dekore-shon te-pu mozaiku）
Sold in 100 yen shop Daiso Japan
Product code: 4997642076790
Material: Polystyrene, Polyacetal, Polyethylene terephthalate
Size: Tape width – 8mm; Tape length – 4m
Made in China
Price: 100 yen + tax
These decoration tapes are very popular in Japan. People use them to decorate their notes, diaries, schedule books or letters (do people still write letters?) and the different designs and illustrations can be used for different occasions. There are even different pattern refills sold so you can keep on using the same tape dispenser.
In Japan, the variation of cool stationery products still amazes me. I love analog stationery. In Japan, there is a large group of stationery collectors who follow the trends and publishing books about them.
The mosaic decoration tape works really well and does not break when I pull the tape to decorate areas of a page. The tape sticks well to the paper, I don’t get it peeling or require to press it down to stick, though there are small fine cracks that can be seen on the tape. As the pattern of the tape is mosaic, it could be used to cover up private information like the blindfold stamp.
In Japan, the decoration pens are priced around 300 yen for a 6m length of tape, and about 600 yen for a dispenser with 3 refills, so the 4m from Daiso is a fairly good price.
From Amazon US, the pricing is considerably higher such as the Plus Decoration Tape Deco Rush Story-Cafe or the Plus Corporation Decoration Tape Pen, Banners
I think I will do more postings of the different designs 🙂