Daiso Japan – Hello Kitty Bottle Cap
For the Hello Kitty fans, this is a Hello Kitty Bottle Cap from Daiso. The screw on bottle cap is a licensed product from Sanrio (Sanrio seal on the top right corner of the back packaging), and fits on most 350 to 500ml PET (plastic) bottles. All you need is a flexible drinking straw (diameter 6mm) that fits on the base of the bottle cap.
The Hello Kitty bottle cap is not leak proof.
The bottle cap does not fit all PET (plastic) bottle tops (Fits on all white or colored bottle tops. May not fit on some transparent bottle tops).
How to use
1. Insert a flexible straw into the base of the bottle cap. Ensure the bendy part facing downwards away from the bottle cap.
2. Screw the bottle cap onto the PET (plastic) bottle.
– Avoid keeping in bags as the bottle cap may leak.
– Bottle cap fits most 350 to 500ml PET (plastic) bottles.
– Cut straw into length before using in 350ml bottles.
– Fit the straw upside down (bendy part down) into the base of the bottle cap.
(Can use any commercially available flexible straw, 6mm in diameter, 21cm in length).
– Ensure bottle cap is tightly screwed onto the PET bottle top to reduce leakages.
– Ensure the bottle is held or stored upright as the bottle cap is not leak proof.
– Do not use with hot drinks as it may cause burns.
– Do not use with carbonated drinks.
– Do not use in dish washers or dish dryers.
– Applying pressure on the bottle may cause the liquid to spray out.
– For your child’s safety, always use under adult supervision.
– For disposal, follow local disposal guidelines.
– Retain the packaging for reference.
Product name: Hello Kitty Bottle Cap（ペットボトルキャップ – pet botoru kyappu）
Sold in 100 yen shop Daiso Japan
Product code: 4573135575355
Materials: Main body and Ribbon parts – Polypropylene; Cap – ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene); Washer seal – Polyethylene foam
Temperature resistance: Main body and Ribbon parts – 60℃ (140℉); Cap – 60℃ (140℉); Washer seal – 60℃ (140℉)
Size: 40(W) x 35(D) x 48(H) mm
Made in China
Sales agency: FRIEND CO., LTD.
Price: 100 yen + tax
Simple instructions printed in Japanese.
This is handy for kids if parents forget their sippy cup, they can just buy a bottled drink and fit the cap onto. Without a bottle cap, inserting a straw into a bottle and drinking from it is tricky as the straw sinks into the bottle.
The Hello Kitty design is also appealing to kids and also adults, and it makes a good souvenir.
The packaging states in several places that the bottle cap is not leak proof, which makes me wonder if spending more money for a leak proof bottle cap is a better idea.